Wednesday 6 August 2014

Round Three - Day Seven - It's all gone quiet!

The last couple of days have been a really active time for the Cinnabar Moths. Yesterday morning I noticed a distinct reduction in poop and as the day went on at least three of the caterpillars were not eating and getting more & more active just wandering round & round. It's that time where they are hunting for a place to transform. I read on line that they like crevices, so... quick....think! We had some gravel left over from a garden project, so I washed the gravel and put it in the bottom of the nursery.

This morning I only had three wandering (a little dusty) CM caterpillars and now I have none. They have all found a space at the bottom of the bowl beneath the stones. Now we shall just have to wait (and keep checking the bottom of the bowl).


No comments:

Post a Comment